Tuesday, March 31, 2009

And you were worried about your neighbor's Pitbull


Meet Abdullahi Mohammed with his hyena, Mainasara. This image scares me more than any scary movie or ghost story. I don't know why exactly, except I think hyenas are very scary and dangerous looking. Did you know that they compete directly with lions for food and that they often fight lions and win? This man who has hyenas as quasi-pets looks very fierce also. Pieter Hugo's images of Africa are striking and very thought provoking. See these and other amazing images by photographer Pieter Hugo.



Check out this article about Hugo. I LOVE the internet.

9 comments:

Loralynn said...

Wow! Can you imagine letting your child sit on a hyena? I don't care how tame it seems, it's still a wild animal!

cconz said...

Now that is the strangest thing i've seen in a while. Even the guys look scarey. I got on his site and the weird portraits. The very unusual faces. I don't think i want to go where he went. Thanks for stopping by.

Jeanne Estridge said...

Hyenas are definitely on my "avoid if at all possible" list. I don't even go see them at the zoo.

Christopher A. Klingler said...

NOW that's ScArY!!! '-)

PS: I am really enjoying reading "Twilight" right now. Great book!!!

Chris (-:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue said...

Those photos are amazing! Such an interesting animal.
Hey I wanted to tell you I put a link to this blog of yours on my profile on MySpace on the lower left side of the page under the heading
"Blogs Beyond the MySpace Universe"
because it is one of my favorites!!!

Auntie J said...

I suppose to them that is their
Pitbull!!! Can you imagine sleeping with one of those on the foot of your bed? NOT!!

Karen from A`Musements said...

Leave it to YOU, Christie, to find this on the internet... okay, I had NO IDEA that hyena are THAT B*I*G*** Crimmineeee.... Thanks for the 'instant education' on that one. Amazing photography.
xoxo
Karen
Scared in
Oregon....

Anonymous said...

Actually I have never been scared of Pit Bulls, I've grown up with them and love, love, love them. They are not killers like everyone thinks... Unless they are made that way by man.
But these beasts? Now theres no way in hell I would let my child around one of those!

The truth about Pit Bulls